Closer to home, in reply to a comment of mine on his blog, a young whippersnapper who followed mine replied today:
No person is born homosexual, just like no one is born a thief, a liar orThe young man in question is normally unable to produce a coherent sentence or spell more than three consecutive words accurately, so as an ace plagiarism detector, I googled the paragraph and was not surprised to find it reproduced more than forty times by Muslims, Catholics and Jews, now an all-purpose, multi-faith meme for the righteous, originally the words of Dr Muzzamil Siddiqi, former president of the Islamic Society of North America. Few people will fail to note that there's enough that is morally and logically objectionable in that paragraph and the above video to keep us occupied until way past bed-time, but for all these people who just do not get it, let's spell it out once again:
murderer. People acquire these evil habits due to a lack of proper guidance and
education. It is a main cause of one of the most harmful and fatal diseases. It
is disgraceful for both men and women. It degrades a person. Homosexuality
deprives a man of his manhood and a woman of her womanhood. It is the most
un-natural way of life. Homosexuality leads to the destruction of family life.
There is no such thing as the 'homosexual agenda'. Attempting to get people to see that you deserve respect and equality does not (necessarily) imply that you wish to convert everybody else, subvert religion, destroy the family, or make bench-presses and pedophilia compulsory.
The phrase 'gay lifestyle' is deeply irritating. I assume it is used to refer to the social lives of that minority of young gay men in the developed world who frequent gay clubs and saunas in large cities, as if the visible gay members of the population were the only gay members. It excludes from consideration those who might just occasionally visit such places, those who are too poor to get in or too old to fit in, and those thousands of people that are simply not interested in clubs, bars and saunas. It excludes those who fit into any of the above categories and do not live in the developed world.
If you think human sexuality is disgusting, seek professional advice. If you think certain practices are disgusting, recognise that your tastes and aversions are your tastes and aversions and nobody else is required to share them.
Define 'manhood' and 'womanhood' and state exactly how these concepts can be degraded by same-sex desire, but WITHOUT reference to your favoured holy book.
AIDS is caused by a virus, and viruses don't give a stuff if you are male or female, gay or straight. We had all the 'Judgement from God' routine with syphilis five hundred years ago, and eventually decided it was just a bug and we'd better get on with fighting it.
If your God is exercised about who sleeps with whom on this spinning mote of dust, question His priorities or your concept of the deity. He/She/It has at least one vast universe to maintain, and in all probability is not especially interested in you.
"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes" From a lesser hadith. You bet it does!
Here are my rules about sexual practice:
1) All participants shall have attained the Age of Consent as prescribed in the country where the rumpy-pump takes place.
2) All participants shall be willing participants.
3) Persons shall not knowingly spread diseases, and shall take every precaution to avoid so doing.
4) Persons shall not cause unwanted pregnancy.
5) Persons shall not poke other persons with sharp sticks, save where consent be explicitly given to such poking.
6) The number and combination of gender of persons engaged in any sexual act, so the above strictures be obeyed, shall be nobody else's fucking business.
7) Persons may follow the dictates of their own conscience governing their own participation or non-participation in erotic acts, but shall not assume that others must follow those same dictates.
8) Adulterers and bigamists shall sort themselves out, or go on Jeremy Kyle. I'm not interested.
9) So there.